Skip to content
Lacrosse Hip Twist
- While standing, lift one knee bent, while keeping the other knee planted on the ground. Twist or rotate your hip towards one side, so the upper body is moving.
- While keeping the heel and ball of the foot in contact with the ground, extend the big toe upward without lifting the adjacent toes.
- While keeping the heel and ball of the foot in contact with the ground, extend toes 2-5–one at a time–upward without lifting the big toe or adjacent toes.
- Pull the ends of your toes back with your hand and hold for a count of 10 seconds. Repeat 3 times. Practice this twice a day.
Launch and Fall
- Use your gastrocnemius to plantarflex your ankle, launching your body towards a wall, catching yourself before you impact.
- Transitional movement – begin with one foot 2-3 inches above the ground
- Twist foot inwards and sweep foot side to side as far as possible without moving the entirety of the leg